City of Boerne Elections - Candidate Information
In response to the global Coronavirus pandemic, Texas Governor Gregg Abbott issued a proclamation suspending certain provisions of the Texas Election Code to allow all local political subdivisions utilizing the May 2, 2020 uniform election date to postpone their election to the November 3, 2020 uniform election date.
At the March 24, 2020, City Council Meeting, City Council voted to postpone the Boerne General Election to November 3, 2020. In addition, City Council approved the following guidelines required by the State:
- Candidate filings for the Municipal election for May 2, 2020 for the City of Boerne, Texas, for the purpose of electing a City Council Member for District 3 shall remain valid for the election to be held on November 3, 2020, and that the filing period for candidates will not be re-opened for the election to be held on November 3, 2020.
- All annual applications for ballot by mail (ABBMs) for voters that are voting by mail due to being over the age of 65 or due to disability will still be valid for the November 3, 2020, election; and that ABBMs for voters who submitted ABBMs based on expected absence from the county shall not be valid for the postponed November 3, 2020 election.
- The voter registration deadline for the November 3, 2020, election is October 5, 2020, the deadline to submit an ABBM is October 23, 2020, and the dates for early voting are October 13, 2020 through October 30, 2020
Additional information will be posted as City Council makes any necessary revisions to the original order of election to postpone to November 3, 2020.
November 3, 2020 General Election
The next General Election will be on Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at the new City Hall located at 447 N. Main Street, Boerne, TX 78006. Early Voting by personal appearance will be conducted each weekday at the Kendall County Elections Office located at 221 Fawn Valley Drive, Boerne, TX beginning October 13, 2020 through October 30, 2020.
Additional election dates and information may be found on the website for the Texas Secretary of State. https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/index.shtml
City Secretary’s Office
447 N. Main Street
Boerne, TX 78006
Voting by personal appearance on Election Day is conducted at Boerne City Hall, located at 447 N. Main Street, Boerne, TX 78006.
Early Voting by personal appearance is conducted at the Kendall County Elections Office located at 221 Fawn Valley Drive, Boerne, TX. this year early voting will also be available at City Hall located at 447 N. Main Street, Boerne, TX.
The Mayor, Council Member District 2, and District 4 are elected in odd numbered years. Council Member District 1, District 3, and District 5 are elected in even numbered years.
Candidate Eligibility Requirements:
City of Boerne Charter Section 3.03 Qualifications(as amended by voters, May 12, 2012)
The Mayor and each Council Member must, at the time of taking office, have attained the age of 21 years and be a qualified voter. The Mayor must have been a resident of the City for at least twelve (12) consecutive months, and each Council member must have been a resident of the area represented by the District number sought for at least six (6) consecutive months.
LINKS TO THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE:
Official Notice of Election (PDF)
Official Election Order (PDF)
- SAMPLE BALLOT (PDF) - for City of Boerne General Election
- Polling locations
Kendall County is pleased to be a part of the Countywide Polling Place Program. Under this program (and during this current election) any "registered voter of Kendall County" can vote at ANY polling location open within the county! You no longer have to go to a "designated location" on Election Day! Your CHOICE......Your VOTE......Your LOCATION!!!
Polls are open on Election Day from 7am to 7pm
- City Hall (City of Boerne)
447 N. Main Street #100, Boerne, Texas 78006
- First Baptist Church (HUB)
631 S. School Street, Boerne, Texas 78006
- Bergheim Volunteer Fire Department
1 Old Curry Creek Road, Boerne, Texas 78006
- Burdick Community Center
119 Old San Antonio Road, Boerne, Texas 78006
- Kendall County Fairgrounds
1307 River Road, Boerne, Texas 78006
- Kendalia Community Center
2610 Fm 473, Kendalia, Texas 78006
- Boerne Bible Church
1026 E. Blanco, Boerne, Texas 78006
- Sisterdale Community Center
2 Sisterdale-Lindendale Road, Boerne, TX 78006
- Comfort Baptist Church
100 Amber Drive, Comfort, Texas 78013
- Waring Fire House
11 Waring Road, Boerne, Texas 78006
- Nineteen:Ten Church
130 Fm 1376, Boerne, Texas 78006
District 1 (PDF) term expires 2022
District 2 (PDF) term expires 2021
District 3 (PDF) term expires 2022
District 4 (PDF) term expires 2021
District 5 (PDF) term expires 2020
Election Day results will be available after 7 p.m. local time.
May 1, 2021 – General Election
The General Election will be Saturday, May 1, 2021. The first day to file for a place on the ballot is January 13, 2021; the last day to file for a place on the ballot is February 12, 2021.
May 7, 2022 – General Election
The General Election will be Saturday, May 7, 2022. The first day to file for a place on the ballot is January 19, 2022; the last day to file for a place on the ballot is February 18, 2022.